Monday, May 07, 2007

What Accent Do I Have?

OK. I saw this linked on The Kruse Kronicle, and I am shocked! Shocked! (rhymes with chalk, if anyone really cares).

I have gone through life being told I have no accent and now I'm told that my accent comes from a place I have never lived.

Well, maybe it has a little to do with my mother who grew up in Philadelphia and my father who grew up across the river in Camden....


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Northeast
The Midland
The South
The Inland North
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

2 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

"Well, maybe it has a little to do with my mother who grew up in Philadelphia and my father who grew up across the river in Camden...."

Ya think! :) Glad you took the test. I thought it was pretty good ideer.

Unknown said...

It was kind of fun. One odd thing was that to me, "Mary" and "Marry" are alike, and "merry" is different. That was not one of the choices, though. I took the test again and gave one of the other answers, but was still tagged as a Philadelphian.

Oh well, I took a few other quizzes from this outfit, and it seems that 13 questions are the norm (with the first two asking age and gender). How comprehensive can you get in 11 questions?