Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday Dog Photo and Culture Quiz

"... [a] vulture's eye of a cold pale blue .."

I'm a mainly a cat person, but every so often there is a dog that worms her way into my life. Dally has been with us for two months and has striking eyes -- one blue, one amber.

Here's a cultural quiz:

  1. The caption to the photo is from a 1976 song. Name the artist, album, and song.
  2. To what 19th century literary work does it allude?
It may be possible to get the second question without knowing the first, but if you know the answer to the first, you can't possibly miss the second.

7 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Does it count if I googled it?

:)

(Cute puppy but no fair trying to upstage my Isaac.)

Unknown said...

I'd been meaning to post the photo and quiz for some time, but I admit your Isaac posting gave me a bit of a nudge.

Besides, if I were trying to upstage Isaac, I'd go with the same species, at least. Our 3/4 of a cat, Moppet, has that total look of disdain that says "the only reason why I let you stay is that I don't have opposable thumbs"

Using Google is legit...

Michael Kruse said...

My answer is: Alan Parsons Project and they were qutoing Poe's "The Raven."

Yes?

Unknown said...

Alan Parsons Project is correct.

The 19th century literary figure is correct, but the work is incorrect.

The same album DID have a song called "The Raven", but if memory serves, this is the track immediately following.

Michael Kruse said...

Rats! Do I still win the dog?

:)

Unknown said...

Won't Isaac be jealous?

Michael Kruse said...

No. He will just eat him for dinner.

:)