Thursday, August 03, 2006

Off to Teton/Yellowstone

We'll load the Escape tomorrow, and we've resolved to leave when that task is accomplished, rather than set some arbitrary departure time. Of course we never seem to move on schedule, anyway....

The route I plotted takes us past not one, but two Cabelas stores, both in Nebraska. Funny how that turned out. We'll stop and do a little sightseeing, and I plan to purchase some additional outdoors clothing, and I expect Susan and Liam will do the same.

We will start back on August 12, which also happens to the be one year anniversary of the first post on this blog. It has been an interesting year, and one that has been a lot of fun. On my return, I plan to catch up on the news, and start posting again.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking of all of you and, no doubt, wishing that I could attach to a network somewhere. (yes, I will have my laptop. I will be dumping digital images on a daily basis)

3 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip to some of our state's most wonderful places! I luck out in that presbytery meets in Cody in a month (home to Sierra Trading Post) and I'll take a few days to pass through the parks on my way there. The elk should be bugling...

Unknown said...

Presbytery in Cody? Must be nice!

The elk were quite visible. I saw two herds of more than 60 each. One was at Willow Flats, near the Jackson Lake Lodge, and the other was in a large sagebrush area a few miles north of the south entrance to Grand Teton NP.

The one place I didn't see any was while driving through the National Elk Refuge near Jackson, WY.