Friday, August 12, 2005

Trying something new....




I have been involved with web sites for 12 years now, and have hosted the Missouri Flyfishing page for 11 years.

My first experience with blogging was reading the plethora of information arising out of the 2004 general elections. I saw the good, the bad, and the ugly of blogging, but with care, I could learn what I wanted to. One thing that came to mind during the last general election was an old saying: "A lie will travel halfway around the world before Truth puts its boots on". This has been true for as long as email has been a factor in campaigning. We all need to filter what we see, whether it be the Main Stream Media or email groups, or blogs.

Why "The Reformed Angler"? Well, first, I am a Christian in the Reformed tradition, specifically a Presbyterian. Second, I am a fly angler who finds much time for contemplation while waiting for a trout to take my fly.

I have no idea how frequently I will post, but for now, let's see how things go. I'm looking forward to being a participant rather than an observer.

Denis Hancock
Columbia, Missouri

2 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Far out! Welcome to the blogosphere! Be careful. It can be addictive.

Mike Kruse

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from a link on Presbyweb. Looks like we have a couple of things in common, I'm also active in Scouts (sons in a local troop and pack), LotR fan, and a significant overlap in musical taste. I'm also currently a member of a small (~150) PCUSA church. I've only scanned your blog but look forward to reading more.

I added a bookmark to your blog and will be checking back periodically.

Cheers,