Friday, September 14, 2007

Tour of Missouri 2007

The Tour of Missouri was scheduled to pass beside my building at around 3:30, so as soon as the webcam showed that they were two miles out, I went down to the corner and waited. With a little forethought I could have had my 6.2 megapixel Nikon with zoom lens at work with me, but I had to settle for my 1.2 megapixel camera built into my Blackjack. It didn't do too badly, but working in the bright sun was a pain.


And waited.

A score or more of various police cars and motorcycles went by, and several minutes later the peloton appeared.


It seemed like it was over as soon as it happened. This was a pretty tight group and there were a few stragglers behind. Several support vehicles for the racers went by with a few more stragglers spread out.


And finally five racers at the tail end of the procession pedaled toward the finish. They were gutsy and the remaining spectators gave them an ovation.


All-in-all, a nice way to spend the remaining few minutes of a Friday at work.

No comments: