Sunday, August 21, 2005

Blogging from within Microsoft Word

Blogger has recently made available a Microsoft Word add-in that allows one to edit, save as drafts, and publish posts from within the Word application. This short post is being created in just such a way.

NOTE: This application is supposed to allow you to open and edit the last 15 posts, but this does not seem to be the case. It may be a configuration issue with Word, or perhaps a firewall issue. I'll do some more exploring, but for now it seems that once posted, subsequent edits and corrections will need to be made from within Blogger.

1 comment:

Michael Kruse said...

Nice feature. I compose my posts in Word and copy them into Typepad because I need the spelling and grammar checker. I cringe at some of my posts even after I have done this.

I had an English teacher friend who once told me that the inability to focus on details of spelling and grammar is often the sign of a great mind. Then she asked me, "So what is your excuse?"