Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Busy. Busy. Busy.

I am still in Arlington, VA attending the Internet2 Spring Meeting. My days have been full, but interesting, and I just haven't had time to do much blogging, although I have tried to answer comments.

I did have a unique opportunity as chair of our congregation's candidate care committee -- one of our seminarians is doing an internship in Washington DC, and we were able to have a very nice dinner and conversation Monday night. He is ready to proceed to the candidacy phase, so I (and the committee and session) will be seeing him in Missouri in a couple weeks. It's great when business and pleasure can be combined.

My brother, who lives in Annapolis, will pick me up this afternon at the hotel and we will have dinner, following which he will deposit me at Reagan/National Airport in time for an 8:40 flight back to St. Louis. I will then drive back to Columbia and arrive in the wee hours of Thursday.

Later Thursday my parents will arrive, and I plan to take Friday off and visit with them. That will be a good time, and we are looking forward to it.

And I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

No comments: